Even though small business owners may spend a lot of money hiring SEO consultants or agencies, they may not see results. It can be difficult for them to compete against big-box companies for the top three positions because they have much larger budgets for entertainment marketing. However, small business owners shouldn’t give up hope! You can boost website traffic through SEO! Here are ways how!
Table of Contents
The keywords you choose will determine the customers who find your business and products. A successful keyword strategy focuses on attracting customers who are ready to buy and those who are just beginning their research.
- Keyword Research: To grasp what keywords your business should use in entertainment marketing, you want to conduct keyword research before launching SEO tactics or a blog. Are customers using short or long search phrases? Then, you can decide whether to use either or both.
- Short-Tail Keywords: Short-tail keywords are directly related to your business. For instance, let’s say you have a marketing agency in Billings, Montana. Someone might type in “marketing agency billings” as an instance of this. When writing website copy, title tags, and navigation, focus on short-tail keywords that will bring the right traffic to your site. Keep them to three words or less.
- Long-Tail Keywords: On the other hand, these are phrases, questions, or sentences people search for. Using the same example above, a potential customer might search for “social media marketing help.” While the person isn’t directly searching for a marketing agency, they need that a marketing agency could address. Notice how it’s more than three words?
Gaining traffic from long-tail keywords is a great way to get in front of leads early so you can turn them into customers later. The blog section is the perfect place to use long-tail keywords, not on the home page or titles, since you’ll have more room to offer value and build trust in your brand.
It’s time to optimize your website for SEO once you understand the keywords your customers use to find your business. Optimizing your website for SEO involves these key components:
- Title Tags: The title tag is the copy that appears in the search result as your page’s description and within the webpage’s tab. Title tags hold a lot of weight and should include your focus keywords so that customers are immediately directed to the page in question when they hit “Enter” in search engines.
- Header Tags: These are headlines used on websites with the H1-H6 text formatting. H1 and H2 tags are most important to Google, so ensure your page has an understandable title with your preferred keywords in an H1 tag.
Similar to title tags, these headers make it easier to read and improve online visibility.
- Page Copy: Use short-tail keywords throughout your website, but never overdo it. Google will pick up on keywords even if you don’t use them in every sentence (which you shouldn’t). This is also called keyword stuffing and results in penalties.
Ultimately, you should keep your user in mind: does the copy read smoothly for your potential customer while strategically using keywords throughout your pages? If so, you’re on the right track.
Are You Ready to Scale Your Entertainment Marketing?
Contact AMW® right now for full-service entertainment marketing for music and events. Our online services will push your business to the next level. Get your quote today!